October 27, 2021
How To Get My Property Back From The Police?

Did you know the police can seize that property? This happens when a property is being used to commit crimes. Luckily, if this property belongs to you, there are steps that you can take to get it back!

If you wonder how to get my property back from the police, you should know that it will depend on what type of property they have in their possession. Usually, when an individual has lost valuables such as cash or an expensive item like a watch, they contact the police department where it was found and make arrangements for them to return. On the other hand, if it is an illegal item found in someone's possession, which could be drugs or a weapon, they may not let you come and get your property back.

We hope this blog post helps answer any questions about how to recover your property from the police. We will discuss some of the steps that you should take. These include: contacting your local property management company, filing an affidavit with the court, and sending a notice of intent to reclaim property.

Contacting Your Property Manager

This is one of the first steps you should take when dealing with seized property. Your property manager will have many years of experience in property management. They are often more experienced than the police officer holding your property, so they may be able to help you get it back faster!

They will be able to tell you if the property was found on your rental, and they may even know who had owned it before.

enests banner.png

If it belongs to you, they will ask for proof of ownership. This can be done by showing them a bill of sale or purchase agreement, insurance policy, bank statements with the account number, etc. If there is no way to prove that the property was yours, then, unfortunately, your only option may be to file an affidavit with the court.

Filing An Affidavit With The Court

This can also work when trying to recover property from the police. This means that you would have a document drawn up by a lawyer stating that you own the property in question. You would then file this document with the court and send a copy to your local police station.

This is a beneficial strategy to get back property from the police. If you are trying to recover stolen goods, it would be wise to contact an attorney first. Your lawyer can help make sure that your claim for ownership of the property is valid and strong enough so as not to lose in court.

Written Notice Of Intent To Reclaim Property

This states that you are planning on getting back property from the police so they do not sell or dispose of it before you have had time to file paperwork. These are the steps that you should take when trying to get your property back from the police. Contact your property management company, have a lawyer draw up an affidavit, and send out a written notice of intent as soon as possible!

Contact A Criminal Lawer

If the police seized your property, contact a criminal lawyer to help you fight for its return. You need to prove it is an essential part of your income or that you have not used it in any illegal way before being allowed to keep it. Most items are returned after about 30 days if no charges are laid, but this may take longer if you are charged with an offense.

In conclusion, it is best to get an attorney if you want your property back from the police. An experienced and knowledgeable lawyer will be able to go through all of the details and paperwork to make sure that everything was done correctly before releasing it back into your custody. If there are any irregularities, they can take care of them at no additional cost to you so that you can get your property back safely and quickly.

Share this blog post on: